Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Featured Arkansas Artist: Lori Taxer Lewis

The Arkansas Studies Institute houses four art galleries, including a retail gallery, featuring the work of Arkansas artists and art related to the state. This post is part of a bi-weekly series featuring ASI gallery artists.


Lori Taxer Lewis


Artist Statement

I have always collected crystal and glass, and have always been fascinated with the material itself. While the optical quality of crystal is fascinating, it is the way it can be manipulated in a myriad of ways that I find irresistible. I love making light dance on the highly polished surface or the soft satiny sheen of the matte surface of glass. With the addition of heat, I have the freedom to turn this hard, brittle material into a soft, flowing, molten liquid that I can comb, stretch, drip, pull, and totally control the dynamics of.

When I see beautiful things, I am forced to stop and take a break from my busy life and just appreciate them. My goal is for my work to give people a chance to stop and just appreciate the beauty of the crystal or glass for just a moment.

Click here to see more work by Lori Taxer Lewis.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP