- Selections from an interview with Geraldine Purcell Davidson, who shares her experiences at Fargo Agricultural School for African American Children, a private residential school operated until 1949 and located outside of Brinkley, Arkansas
- An "Authors on the Air" segment featuring the editors of the Encyclopedia of Arkansas Music, Ali Welky and Michael Keckhaver, interviewed by Kate Chagnon
- "Talking About Books": Quick reviews of books about the Olympics, provided by Ellen Bard, CALS staff member
- Selections from a discussion of Star Trek, held at CALS Con 2016 among panelists Barbara Adams, Tony Bates, Warren Jones, and John McCay and moderated by Brooks Cato
- Bizarre Arkansas, featuring information on Hot Springs and the alligator farm that housed a mummified merman, the ostrich farm that was home to over 300 African ostriches, and more in this town during the early twentieth century
- Chewing the Fat with Rex and Paul, who continue the description of their invasion of Mississippi and talk about the Crystal Grill in Greenwood, the Yazoo River, the Tallahatchie River, Bobbie Gentry, wondering why Billie Joe MacAllister jumped off the Tallahatchie Bridge, the three rival claims for the grave of Robert Johnson, the Little Zion Church, the Money Road outside Greenwood, the murder of Emmett Till, pecan orchards, Bacon’s Nut House in North Little Rock, Lusko’s, Rex and Paul’s favorite one-eyed waiter, the advantages of eating a whole fish, Galatoire’s in New Orleans, and conking out early and waking up hungry
- Music from the Butler Center's Arkansas Sounds music collection
Held on the second Monday of each month, 3:30 - 5 p.m.
Room 124, Arkansas Studies Institute Building
401 Pres. Clinton Ave.
Butler Center's Genealogy Resources
Encyclopedia of Arkansas Music, published by Butler Center Books
Unbroken, by Laura Hildebrand
The Three Year Swim Club, by Julie Checkoway
CALS Recommends: Olympic Stories
The Barling Darling, by Hal Smith
For more information about CALS Con 2016, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Starbase McMath: A Star Trek fan group that meets at the McMath Library on the third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
2100 John Barrow Rd., Little Rock
This Month in Arkansas History: AETN