Wednesday, October 9, 2013

New Collection Highlights

Butler Center archivists are always hard at work processing collections that have been donated to us. Here are a few of the collections newly available in our research room:

BC.MSS.97.47 Pulaski County Schools History Collection
This collection contains directories, programs, yearbooks, newspapers, literary magazines, and other items from various elementary schools, junior high schools, senior high schools, and one college in Pulaski County.

BC.MSS.04.02 Poets’ Roundtable of Arkansas Records
This collection contains organizational documents, correspondences, newspaper clippings, scrapbooks, and other records covering much of the organization's history.

BC.MSS.03.08 German Evangelical Church Ladies Aid Account Book
This collection contains a cash book recording the activities of the ladies aid of the German Evangelical Church of Fort Smith, Arkansas, along with miscellaneous documents.

BC.MSS.05.37 Women's Auxiliary of the Children's Convalescent Center of Arkansas Collection
This collection contains correspondence, minutes, and a yearbook from the Women's Auxiliary of the Children's Convalescent Center of Arkansas, located in Jacksonville, covering the years 1947-1949.

BC.MSS.08.12 Carl Quaintance Scrapbook
This collection contains a scrapbook of amateur swimmer and diver Carl Quaintance, covering the years 1937-1947.

BC.MSS.08.13 Mattie Mae Ball Collection
This collection consists of two scrapbooks created by a student at Hendrix College in 1944 and 1945.

BC.MSS.09.05 John W. Jordan World War II Letters
This collection contains transcriptions of letters written during World War II.

BC.MSS.11.01 Penzel Family Collection
The collection contains items belonging to a German-American family who lived in Little Rock at the beginning of the twentieth century.

BC.MSS.13.26 John H. Dawson Papers
This collection contains financial records from the operation of Dawson and Pipkin, a cotton factor and merchandising firm operating in New Orleans and Arkansas in the 1840s and 1850s, and material related to the operation of a cotton gin by Lawrence E. Dawson and later his son, John H. Dawson, in Ouachita County, Arkansas, ca. 1890 to 1910.


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by 2008

Back to TOP