Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Featured Arkansas Artist: Karin Boudet Ford

The Arkansas Studies Institute houses four art galleries, including a retail gallery, featuring the work of Arkansas artists and art related to the state. This post is part of a bi-weekly series featuring ASI gallery artists.


Karin Boudet Ford

Biography

When I was a little girl making mud pies, I never imagined that I would grow up to be an award-winning artist. What fun! Working with clay is my way of expressing a vision that is characterized by variety and freedom. Art form changes often and sometimes suddenly, just as life does. This journey is forever evolving as I walk in the spirit, wherever it takes me, but always inspired by faith.

My clay creations are brought to life by multifarious techniques. Whether a piece is thrown, slab constructed, or extruded, it will take on a personality with glaze and embellishment.

I am associated with two lovely galleries: the Arkansas Studies Institute Retail Gallery in Little Rock and Eurekan Art in Eureka Springs. My pottery is included in the private collections of many wonderful people, including Marty and Elise Roenigk and President Bill Clinton.



Click here to see more work by Karin Boudet Ford.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP