Monday, February 16, 2009

Arkansas Studies Institute: The Move

It has started!

If you are planning to visit the Butler Center in the next couple of weeks, you will want to pay close attention to this schedule.

Beginning next Monday (Feb. 23rd), the Manuscripts Department will close. No manuscript collections will be available for patron use.

On Monday, March 2rd, the Butler Center research room will close.

We will reopen in our new home at 401 President Clinton Avenue on Monday March 23, 2009. Stay tuned for more details as the situation progresses.

In the meantime, check out the Butler Center website for sneak peeks in the "Countdown to ASI" featured on the main page.

You might have already noticed that the blog has gotten pretty quiet. I previously mentioned that we would start to feature glimpses into the move and that is coming up next week. For now, I (with the rest of the BC staff) am up to my neck in boxes and packing tape. Posts about our collections, including the featured manuscript collection for March/April, will be suspended for now. When we get settled across the street, I’ll jump back in with regular posting and I’ll see about tackling some of the suggestions you emailed me in response to this post.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 6, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

I have been unable to find the visitor hours on your website. Hope you'll send them to me. Thanks!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP